Protect Your Paycheck

Wage GarnishmentWage garnishment is a particularly invasive collection measure that automatically deducts a portion of a debtor's paycheck to repay creditors. Garnishing wages can be particularly harmful to people who are already struggling financially, and are a common reason why people file for bankruptcy.

To speak with an experienced San Jose wage garnishment attorney, contact Evans Law Offices. We are committed to providing quality legal representation and highly personalized service to each of our valued clients.

Stop Wage Garnishment With Bankruptcy

If a creditor has threatened wage garnishment or your wages have already been garnished, a Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy may put a stop to your garnishment.

While most wage garnishments may be stopped by filing for bankruptcy, depending on how much has been taken, we may be able to get the garnished funds back. Limited garnishments such as current child support obligations may not be halted, so it is important to speak with a knowledgeable bankruptcy lawyer who can help you determine if bankruptcy is a viable option to protect your wages from garnishment.

Decades Of Experience Stopping Wage Garnishment

Our attorneys have more than 20 years of legal experience and have helped thousands of clients in bankruptcy and debt relief matters. We are an established and respected bankruptcy firm that people know and trust. We provide a number of services to help individuals who are facing debt problems. In addition to handling Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, we have helped many clients obtain debt settlements, and also with other bankruptcy chapters.

Our Attorneys Can Help You

Our law offices are located in San Jose and Sant Cruz California. We serve clients throughout Santa Clara County and Northern California. To schedule a free consultation with a wage garnishment lawyer at our firm, call 408-298-8910 or contact us by email. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.